Water and Wastewater Funding
Frequently Asked Questions
ANRC has available funding for water and wastewater projects from both State and Federal programs. Each of these programs has its own requirements and limitations. Our purpose here is to provide an overview of what can be done without getting into specifics of each program.
What sort of projects does ANRC fund?
- Public water supply, treatment, and distribution systems
- Sewer collection and treatment systems
- Solid waste collection or disposal
- Irrigation (water conservation)
- Flood control and drainage
- Erosion and sediment control
- Agricultural Best Management Practices (Non-Point Source pollution prevention)
Who is eligible to receive funds?
- Rural Development Authorities
- Public Facilities Boards
- Water Associations
- Improvement Districts
- Regional Water Distribution Districts
- Levee and Drainage Districts
- Conservation Districts
- Regional Solid Waste Authorities
- Regional Wastewater Treatment Districts
What can I use it for?
- Funds may be used for new or existing systems. Generally, funds must be used for capital improvement projects and not maintenance projects.
How much is available?
- ANRC has funded projects for $5,000 up to $50,000,000.
Is there a deadline for funding?
- Currently, the only program with a funding deadline is the U.S. HUD's Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. Applications must be submitted by April 1st of each year to be eligible for consideration.
What specific programs does ANRC get funds from?
- The ANRC currently administers three Federal and three State programs that provide financial assistance through loans and grants for water and wastewater projects.Â Each program has different criteria for funding.
Do I have to apply for money from a specific program?
- Each applicant fills out a general ANRC application form and ANRC staff will determine which program best fits your community's needs. Determination of need may depend on things such as priority of project, income level of persons that will benefit from project and the current user rates.
Are there other sources of funds I could use for this project?
- Yes. You should also contact USDA - Rural Utilities Service Water & Wastewater Disposal Programs at (501)- 301-3268 and Community Resource Group's Water and Wastewater Loan Program at (501) 228-7197.
What do I have to do to get started?
- You must file an ANRC Application Form, a Resolution of Intent, a Signatory Authority Resolution, and submit your project to the Water/Wastewater Advisory Committee for review.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact:
For more information contact:
Daniel Marks, Marketing Director
101 East Capitol Avenue, Suite 350
Little Rock, AR 72201
Phone (501) 682-0547
Fax (501) 682-0561